Disabilities Network of Eastern CT, Inc. (DNEC)
19 Ohio Ave, Norwich, CT 06360
Position: Member of the Board of Directors
Welcome to Disabilities Network of Eastern CT (DNEC). We are a non-profit agency providing services to people with disabilities that reside in Eastern CT. We believe change starts with the individual, but the support of the community makes inclusion possible. We are guided by the principle that our consumers should be able to integrate into the community of their choice to the fullest degree possible.
DNEC’s Board of Directors supports the efforts put forth by DNEC and delivers goal-based leadership and guidance. Day-to-day operations are led by DNEC’s Executive Director. The Board President relationship is a partnership, and the involvement of the Board is expected. The membership of the Board of Directors is comprised of at least 51% of members having a disability.
We currently have open positions on our board and encourage people of various background and disabilities to apply for a position. Please send an email to our Executive Director, Sharon Heddle, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission: The Disabilities Network of Eastern Connecticut (DNEC) is a Center for Independent Living, serving persons of all ages and all disability types who reside in Eastern Connecticut. DNEC utilizes peer mentoring, self-advocacy, and independent living skills training to assist individuals with disabilities to re-enter or remain
in the community and to make meaningful life choices.
For more information, please visit DNEC’s website at https://www.dnec.org/about-us.
Board Member’s Primary Responsibilities
• Attend and actively participate in board and committee meetings.
• Participate in the development and monitoring of the strategic plan.
• Represent DNEC to stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the organization.
• Approve DNEC’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
• A commitment to and understanding of DNEC’s recipients.
• A commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of DNEC’s beneficiaries.
• Experience, formal or informal, advocating for yourself or others.
• Attend scheduled board meetings.
• Prepare for and participate in all board and committee meetings, including appropriate organizational
activities, such as strategic planning events.
• Support the goals and mission of DNEC, as well as promote awareness of DNEC and its purpose.
• Participate actively in all Board fundraising special events, programs, and activities.
For further information please contact our Executive Director, Sharon Heddle at email@example.com.
This is a non-paid, volunteer position on the DNEC Board of Directors.